Enjoy the best of this tropical summer with Issue 3 of Tropic Magazine
In-depth articles, curated guides, beautiful design and stunning photos: it's all happening in Issue 3 of Tropic Magazine.
We may be a little biased here at Tropic HQ, but we're calling it our best yet.
Issue 3 of Tropic magazine has just hit the streets, and we think you're going to love it.
This summer infused edition is jam-packed with engaging journalism, stunning photo spreads and our curated guides and lists to help you make this tropical festive season the best it can be.
Highlights of Issue 3 of Tropic include:
- In-depth interviews with key players on the Nova City and GA Group projects
- We rank the top 5 moments from 2016 in politics, sport, food culture, arts and the economy
- Our guide to enjoying the best tropical summer indoors and out
- Expert recommendations on the best red wine and cocktails for summer
- Photo spreads on street food pop-up event Meet Eat Repeat and local sportspeople
- Opinion columns on local live music and innovation in business
- Regular features such as Tropic Food Challenge and regional history profile
Tropic editor Gavin King said the third issue reflected a positive, sunny outlook for 2017 across the Cairns region.
"For the past two months a very talented group of contributors has worked extremely hard to produce the region's highest quality publication, from editorial to design to photography to our advertising," Mr King said.
"From our brilliant cover shoot by Paul Furse and illustrations by Hamish Oates to think-pieces by Troy Cavallaro and Jake Gries, from red wine advice by Jessica Trautner and summer cocktail recipes by Three Wolves, issue 3 of Tropic is an absolute cracker.
"We spent a lot of time putting together our top 5 moments from 2016 and our tropical summer guide, providing hours of reading material for locals and visitors.
"I particularly want to thank the Tropic team including Tim Cooke, Leah King, Paul Furse, Can Kara and Sam Davis for their very long hours and impeccable dedication to producing a bespoke, unique magazine for Cairns.
"The quality of our editorial and design is matched by the quality of our advertising partners. They are some of the biggest and best brands and companies in Cairns, and we can't produce such a high-quality piece of work every two months without them."
You can find Tropic in nearly 200 outlets across the Cairns region, including cafes, waiting rooms, shops, Rusty's Markets and other gathering spaces.
Issue 3 will be online next week.