Tropic Weekender: Your insider guide to the best events this weekend
The weather has been very temperamental lately so you can expect mostly cloudy skies on Saturday and showers on Sunday with maximum temperatures of 27C.
If you haven't already, get in quick to book your ticket to 'Joh for PM' at JUTE Theatre inside the Centre of Contemporary Arts or head out to the Cairns Cup at Cannon Park on Saturday.
On Sunday, there's a very cool Sunday Session planned at Ochre Restaurant with up-and-coming songstress Rebecca Langtree performing live, while our friends at Mr Soy Boy are having a seven-course 'Vegustation' dinner.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you have a great tropical weekend!
Saturday 5 August
1. Joh for PM at CoCA: Info
2. Red Beret Hotel Cairns Cup Carnival at Cannon Park: Info
3. Freshwater State School Fete: Info
4. Ugandan Ceramics Workshop at the Cairns Potters Club: Info
5. Cairns Esplanade Markets: Info
6. Family History Open Day at the Cairns & District Family History Society: Info
7. Free entry at the Cairns Art Gallery: Info
8. Wearecairns Exhibition at the Tanks Arts Centre: Info
9. FNQ Emergency Services Mortgage Choice Charity Ball: Info
10. The Screaming Jets perform live at Brothers Cairns: Info
Sunday 6 August
11. The Australian Bee Gees perform "Sunday Night Fever" at Bar36: Info
12. Port Douglas markets: Info
13. Palm Cove markets: Info
14. Sunday Session at Ochre Restaurant with Rebecca Langtree: Info
15. "Vegustation" seven-course dinner at Mr. Soy Boy: Info
16. "Shadows of the Past" dramatized evening walks through McLeod Street Cemetery: Info