Tropic Weekender: Your insider guide to the best events this weekend
Welcome to summer!
It's going to be a steamy start to the season, with max temperatures of 32C across the weekend and 40-60% chance of showers.
There are some cool events planned around the region this weekend including the Cairns on a Fork at the Cruise Liner Terminal, the monthly markets at Tanks and Apex Milk Bar has some relaxing acoustic tunes as part of its new Sunday opening offering.
If you're in the mood to escape the heat, we suggest a relaxing gin & tonic in the air-con of cocktail bar Gin Social at the Hilton Cairns. The bar opens at 4pm.
Whatever your plans are, have a great tropical weekend!
Saturday 2 December
1. Cairns Taipans vs Sydney Kings: Info
2. Tropical Tree Day Festival on the banks of the Barron River: Info
3. Josh Pyke live at the Tanks: Info
4. CATCH di FYAH at Elixir Tapas Bar: Info
5. Fusing Sands exhibition at Tank 4, Tanks Arts Centre: Info
6. Dancehouse dancers present Alladin at CoCA: Info
7. Grab a cocktail at Gin Social at the Hilton Cairns: Info
8. Free entry at Cairns Art Gallery: Info
9. World's Worst Restaurant by Cairns Dinner Theatre: Info
10. Free Active Living Aqua Aerobics at the Cairns Lagoon: Info
11. Mossman Markets: Info
Sunday 3 December
12. Cycling Skills Workshop at PhyxMe Physiotherapy: Info
13. Big Design exhibition at Tanks Arts Centre: Info
14. Sinterklaas Feest at the German Club Cairns: Info
15. Charity screening of Paddington 2 at Event Cinemas Cairns: Info
16. Sunday Sessions at Apex Milk Bar: Info
17. Friends of Botanic Gardens Xmas plant sale: Info
18. Cairns Tropic Jazz Sundays at the Cape York Hotel: Info