7 great reasons you should attend the Stress Less Day Lunch this year
Here at TropicNow, we're big fans of Worklink's annual Stress Less Day Lunch.
The calibre of speakers is always top-notch, the menu provided by the Cairns Convention Centre is always delicious and, most important of all, the Stress Less Day Lunch raises awareness of good mental health and well-being.
To be held at the Cairns Convention Centre on Wednesday 11th October, you can click here to book your ticket.
If you need further convincing, we've put together 7 great reasons you should attend the Stress Less Day Lunch this year.
1. The guest speaker: This year's guest speaker is none other than Dr. Karl Kruszelnicki, the man with the answers to every question. You might know him from his weekly appearance on Triple J. He's flying up to Cairns for the lunch and will be available to answer every question you could possibly think of.
2. Grow your network: With an estimated crowd of 400 people, it's an amazing chance to do some networking, catch up with business or industry acquaintances while also boosting your personal and business brand. Worklink has already received over 300 bookings for the event - so get in quick to secure a spot or two for your staff.
3. Benefit from new ideas: The keynote speaker, Dr. Karl Kruszelnicki has a wealth of knowledge and there is no doubt you will pick up new ideas by attending the lunch. If you haven't heard him on Triple J, in-person or online, click here to view a video of one of his talks.
4. Support an awesome organisation: Worklink is a non-profit organisation, founded in 1996 in Cairns. Worklink provides employment assistance, counselling and professional support to people with a mental health condition and other disadvantaged groups in the community.
5. Have fun: Because you shouldn't need an excuse to get out of the office and have some fun, especially when a speaker like Dr Karl is involved!
6. Enjoy incredible food: The team at the Convention Centre are catering an amazing feast for the event, including dishes using TNQ produce. Come hungry!
7. To reduce the stigma behind mental illnesses: The annual Stress Less Day Lunch reduces stigma and raises awareness about mental wellness. Everyone will experience stress at some stage in their life and this lunch aims to encourage mental wellness and good management of stress and mental illnesses.
MORE: book tickets