Tropic Weekender: Your insider guide to the best events this weekend
It's all about the Commonwealth Games celebrations and Festival Cairns events this weekend, with an amazing atmosphere down at the Cairns Esplanade over the next few days.
But first, the weather: there's a 40-60% chance of some light rain in Cairns on Saturday and Sunday, most likely in the afternoons and evenings. Cairns will see a max of 31C both days.
Whatever you do, enjoy life in the tropics!
Saturday April 7
1. Beginnings: a musical story of Cairns: Info
2. Trade Winds by Polytoxic for Festival 2018: Info
3. Rising Waters interactive horror experience: Info
4. Free entry at Cairns Art Gallery: Info
5. Bavarian Night at the German Club: Info
6. HOB live at Holloways Beach Sports Club: Info
7. Strictly Rock 'n' Roll at the Portsmith Club: Info
8. Drewboy & The Sax Addicts + support bands at the Live Site for Festival 2018: Info