Human Resources Officer - REF 513814/VS
A Little Bit About Your New Employer
This organisation concentrates on the community and is part of a small, remote and beautiful region located on the tropical West Coast of Cape York, Far North Queensland. Ultimately, you’ll be joining an established, well-respected organisation and you’ll be helping them provide infrastructure and services to remote indigenous communities.
Your Exciting, New Role
You will be joining their busy team as the HR Officer in their remote office and your main responsibility is to effectively and efficiently manage all Human Resources, recruitment, and training.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure effective and timely processing of fortnightly payroll.
- Develop human resource policies and procedures that are innovative and use best practice.
The Skills You Bring
- You have tertiary qualifications relevant to the position and/or an appropriate level of experience in a similar position of Senior Management in local government
- Having worked in a similar position you have experience in solution based thinking and knowledge of developing and maintaining job descriptions for various positions and developing and maintaining key recruiting processes
- Teamwork is one of your favourite words and is a must in this role, as you will be assisting in developing, planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results; scheduling management conferences with employees; grievances; counseling employees and supervisors
- You have experience assisting the Finance Manager in maintaining management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- You are a natural communicator with the oral and written communication skills to match
- You are culturally responsive and communicate sensitively and effectively
What’s In It For You!
You will be getting a generous salary package and the opportunity to work in a diverse and interesting role. Subsidised accommodation in a fully furnished house is provided.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Job Reference: 513814/VS
Please click on the image below to apply now!