IT Technical Support Officer - REF 543823/BD
A Little Bit About Your New Employer
Your new employer draws on over a century of tradition, focused on responding to the needs of local communities for quality education and development for the young people in Cairns. Our client is one of the largest end user environments in Cairns, in a multi-site situation.
Your Exciting, New Role
In this role, you will be required to demonstrate competency involving self-directed application of knowledge with substantial depth in some areas. A range of technical and/or other skills are applied to roles and functions in both varied and highly specific contexts, where there is complexity in the ranges and choice of actions required.
Competencies are normally used independently and both routinely and non-routinely. Discretion and judgement are required in planning and selecting appropriate equipment, service techniques and work organisation for self and others.
The Skills You Bring
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications at a minimum level of Associate Diploma/Diploma level, or equivalent qualifications relevant to the position may be required, or such knowledge, qualifications and experience that are deemed by the employer as necessary to successfully carry out the duties of the position;
- A current Drivers Licence;
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card or eligibility;
- Previous experience effectively utilising a Service Desk system for attending to customer requests;
- Ability to work in an IT support role providing technical support to a range of technology systems and a diverse customer base;
- Very Sound technical knowledge across a varying range of IT systems, including:
- Microsoft, Apple and Google hardware platforms and associated software in the desktop environment;
- Microsoft and Apple hardware in the server environment;
- Networks and associated components;
- Digital display technologies;
- Software and associated peripherals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with clients and peers to provide IT service and in preparing reports and documentation;
- Ability to manage workload effectively alone and as part of a team, by setting priorities and monitoring progress to ensure deadlines are met.
What’s In It For You!
This role offers a varied work environment and the opportunity to work for a major Cairns establishment.
What you do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Job Reference: 543823/BD
Please click on the image below to apply now!
IT Careers at CBC Staff Selection - REF IT/BD
IT Careers at CBC Staff Selection
In the modern business world, computers are king. We recruit talented IT professionals at all levels of business, in a constantly evolving IT services industry. With over 22 years' experience recruiting in Cairns, our consultants know how to make the right connections to access the best, temporary, contract and permanent positions within Information and Communications Technology and our specialist ICT recruitment team has a genuine desire to help people like you achieve your dreams and goals by finding your ideal job.
About the Role
The IT positions we look after include:
- Business Analysts
- Chief Information Officers
- Database Developers
- Help Desk Support
- Information Managers
- Business Intelligence Officers
- IT Managers
- Network Specialists
- Systems Administrators
- GIS Mapping Specialists
- Project Directors
- Project Managers
- Software Developers
- Software Testing Analysts
- Technical Consultants
- Technical Support
- Technical Writers
- Web Designers
- Graphic Designers
- IT Customer Service
Skill Set Required
Relevant qualifications and experience.
What's on Offer
Contact us confidentially to find out about our current IT and ICT roles.Job Reference: IT/BDPlease click on the image below to apply now!