Tropic Weekender: Your insider guide to the best events this weekend
Welcome to the first edition of TropicWeekender for 2018, your one-stop destination for the best events, exhibitions, live music and sport on offer across the Cairns region this weekend.
It's going to be a cloudy, rainy kind of weekend with max temperatures of 30C on Saturday and Sunday.
Thankfully, there's plenty to do indoors, including a big party at Three Wolves, a comedy show featuring hypnotist Isaac Lomma and a screening of Japanese animated film Mary and the Witch's Flower. Of course, you should check out Gin Social at Hilton Cairns from 4pm 'til late for a creative cocktail, sneaky drink before dinner or a nightcap.
Whatever your plans are, have a great tropical weekend!
Saturday 20th January
1. Hypnotist Isaac Lomma's comedy show at Cairns Dinner Theatre: Info
2. Cairns Esplanade Markets at the Lagoon: Info
3. Farewell show for The Montgomery Brothers at Three Wolves: Info
4. Grab a cocktail at Gin Social at the Hilton Cairns: Info
5. Free entry at Cairns Art Gallery: Info
6. Head In The Clouds art exhibition at KickArts: Info
7. Cairns Taipans vs New Zealand Breakers at the Convention Centre: Info
8. Free tennis day at Cairns International Tennis Centre: Info
Sunday 21st January
9. AMA Supercross Live at The Jack: Info
10. Bat Chats at the Cairns City Library: Info
11. Mary and the Witch's Flower At Event Cinemas Cairns Central: Info
12. UMI Arts Alumni Exhibition at 335 Sheridan Street: Info
13. No Stone Unturned lapidary exhibition at Cairns Botanic Gardens: Info
14. Brian Cassey photographic exhibition at the Tanks: Info
15. Feed the fish and turtles at Cairns Coconut Resort: Info
16. Kenta Hayashi live at Bar36 at Reef Hotel Casino: Info