If there's one key missing ingredient in the Cairns dining scene, it is surely a high-quality, authentic, delicious Middle Eastern restaurant.
Thankfully, one of the world's great culinary cultures is coming to Meet Eat Repeat 5 thanks to the clever crew at Mama Coco.
Those kitchen creatives will serve up a mouth-watering mix of spices, herbs, meat, fish, felafel and flat breads in the first food stall of its kind at Meet Eat Repeat.
Mama Coco join a stellar line-up of food vendors, including Caffiend, Chef Wolfgang's low and slow smoked meat treats, Samosa Hub, Java Boy, So Hangry, Bec's Bites, Mojo Street Food, Richard's Salt & Pepper, Designer Doughnuts, Batavia Catering and Sipping Duck.
We'll see you there from 4pm on Saturday November 11 at the West Cairns Bowls Club.
Q&A with Mama Coco
What will you be cooking at Meet Eat Repeat?
To tie in with our monthly dinners we will be theming our food around the flavours of the Middle East:
- Baharat spiced beef short ribs, flat bread, yoghurt, pickled red cabbage, kale tabbouleh
- Charcoal grilled mahi-mahi, Syrian tomato salad, za'atar
- Eggplant & tahini falafel, green olive, walnut, pomegranate
- Rosewater, rosella, rosehip and mint soda
Why is it important for Cairns to hold pop-up food events like Meet Eat Repeat? They are great fun days for the community to get together and enjoy delicious food. For us chefs we can get creative and cook something different to our usual cafe offering.
ESSENTIAL INFO FOR MEET EAT REPEAT 5
Meet Eat Repeat 5
Saturday November 11
4pm to 8pm
West Cairns Bowls Club, 216 Gatton St, Westcourt
FOOD VENDOR LINE-UP
Chef Wolfgang's smoked BBQ bistro
Richard's Salt & Pepper
Batavia Catering Australia
Mojo Street Food
Kick back on the old bowls green, grab a bite and a cheap beverage and listen to the tunes of local singer-songwriters Coco May and Shaun Kane.OTHER INFO
- Entry is via a gold coin donation - don't forget your coins
- You can bring a blanket or fold-up chairs
- The bowls club has an ATM but it might be best to bring cash
- Beer, wine, and bubbles will be available from an outdoor bar and inside the bowls club
- Food vendors will sell out - so come early!
- Bring good vibes, smiles, and all your friends and see you there from 4pm!