The weather has been a mixed bag lately and you can expect partly cloudy skies on both Saturday and Sunday with top temperatures of 27C.
If you are looking for foodie heaven in a relaxed atmosphere this weekend, then why not hit the road and head to the annual Taste Port Douglas Food and Wine Festival. Or if a show is more your thing, check out Cairns High's production of Mary Poppins or the latest Cairns Dinner Theatre performance.
On Sunday, there's a number of markets to enjoy throughout Tropical North Queensland and for the more adventurous, AJ Hackett's Sunday Session, while you can also try windsurfing and standup paddle boarding at Port Douglas.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you have a great tropical weekend!
1. Taste Port Douglas - Food and Wine Festival: Info
2. Red Beret Hotel Cairns Cup Carnival: Info
3. Joh for PM at CoCA: Info
4. Unnecessary Farce at Cairns Dinner Theatre: Info
5. Cairns Esplanade Markets: Info
6. Cairns State High's production of Mary Poppins: Info
7. Rusty's Markets: Info
8. PCYC Blue Light Disco: Info
9: Coffee 'n Chat Corner by Cairns Muslim Society: Info
10. Winter Blues at Three Wolves: Info
11. 2017 Trinity Beach Bulldogs Ball: Info
12. AJ Hackett Sunday Session: Info
13. Port Douglas markets: Info
14. Holloways Beach markets: Info
15. Mission Beach markets: Info
16. Windswell Kitesurfing and SUP Sunday Sessions: Info
17. Cairns BMX come and try day: Info
18. Psst...there's a secret small bar opening today called Gin Social
19. The Barbary Coasters live at Apres Beach Bar and Grill: Info
20. Cairns Swap Meet at Cairns Showgrounds: Info
21. Boatshed Brunch: Info
22. Strike Up The Band at Tanks Art Centre: Info
23. Pizza and Poetry at Stratford Pizza: Info
24. MamaMia live at Atherton International Club: Info
25. Just Peachy featuring PACES at Lilo Bar: Info