Your top 5 tips for surviving and thriving at the annual library book sale
Follow these tips and you too can be a Cairns Libraries book sale Jedi master.
There's never been a more exciting time to be a booklover than this weekend.
That's when the annual Cairns Libraries Book Sale takes over the Fred Moule Pavilion.
This weekend's sale features more than 40,000 titles of every type, size and subject you could imagine. There's also a range of DVDs and music CDs on offer at bargain prices.
But before you get too excited and start queuing early for the doors to open on Friday morning, it's important to undertake adequate preparation.
So we turned to the experts - your team of friendly local librarians - to get the inside scoop and some key tips to make sure you score big at this weekend's sale.
Here are their top 5 suggestions:
1. Bring a water bottle and a snack to keep your energy levels up – once you’re in there, it may be hard to leave
2. Prepare a list of what you want but don’t limit yourself to what you know. Give something different a try while the price is right
3. Keep track of your spending by separating items into price groups – this makes it quicker through the checkout too
4. Spend some quality time at the gym prior to the sale to build up those arm muscles. Alternatively, bring a small trolley – books are heavy
5. Kids’ books sell out fast, so get in early
Now you've got all the tips you need to have a big win at the library sale.
All the literary magic happens from 9am this Friday 29 July at the Fred Moule Paviliion at Cairns Showgrounds. Click here for more info.