Tropic Weekender: Your insider guide to the best events this weekend
It's looking like a lovely weekend of weather for Cairns, with max temps of 30C and 40% chance of light showers on both Saturday and Sunday.
Perfect, then, to get out and about to celebrate and discover the best the TNQ region has to offer.
We highly recommend checking out Smith Street Band at Edge Hill Tavern, a visit to Cairns Art Gallery and a creative cocktail at Gin Social - among a bunch of other cool stuff to do over the next 48 hours.
Whatever you do, enjoy your weekend in paradise!
Saturday April 21
1. Fred Brophy's boxing troupe: Info
2. The Smith Street Band at Edge Hill Tavern: Info
3. Banff Mountain Film Festival at CoCA: Info
4. Free entry at Cairns Art Gallery: Info
5. Enjoy a creative cocktail at Gin Social at Hilton Cairns: Info
6. Island Nights featuring DJ Dirty Fingerz at Raintrees Tavern: Info
7. Kerser 'Engraved in the Game' Tour at The Jack: Info
8. Watch the Cowboys vs the Titans on the big screen at Reef Casino: Info
9. Razzle Dazzle at Cairns Dinner Theatre: Info
10. Obsessed! Curator talk at Cairns Art Gallery: Info
11. CYCAS Circus Open Day: Info