New era of luxury for Port Douglas with Crystalbrook marina redevelopment
Crystalbrook Collection has doubled the amount of cash it will spend on the redevelopment of the Port Douglas marina with plans submitted to the local council for a luxurious $200 million overhaul of the site.
The ambitious redevelopment includes a 130-room five-star hotel, 45 villas and 9 apartments, plus 8 new marina berths, a public boardwalk and retail space.
The company is hoping for approval of its development application within months so work can begin as soon as possible to meet its target of a mid-2020 opening.
In its application lodged with Douglas Shire Council yesterday, the company says it wants the marina redevelopment to boost "growth and vitality" in Port Douglas.
"The Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina Masterplan now offers a ‘clean slate’ approach of the land-based areas of the site and an increase in the density and mix of land use offerings as a means of contributing to the growth and vitality of the adjoining Marina and Port Douglas township," the application reads.
The project has been designed by leading Australian architects SJB and will be built by Prime Constructions.
CRYSTALBROOK COLLECTION PROJECT SCHEDULE
1. Riley: the first of the Crystalbrook Collection hotels in Cairns will open in August 2018. The five-star resort with 311 suites and rooms on the Cairns Esplanade
2. Bailey: Five-star hotel opening on Abbott Street in mid-2019, adding another 217 rooms to Cairns. Boasting five restaurants and bars, it is the second of the Crystalbrook Collection hotels.
3. Flynn: Opening in early-2020, this five-star property will have 303 suites and rooms, six restaurants and bars and two glass swimming pools.
4. Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina: The project requires approvals by mid-2018 to meet its planned opening date of mid-2020.
5. Site between Grafton and Lake St: A late addition to the company's CBD property portfolio, this 5065 sq/m site could become a hotel, commercial and residential development. More details of its plans for the site will be released later this year.