One of the true originators of the Cairns burger scene is ready to bring all the delicious goods to the Beer 'N' Burger Fest on November 10.
Apex Milk Bar, well known for elevating the burger game in Cairns, is planning on staying true to the milk bar tag with their menu for Beer 'N' Burger Fest.
The event at Watson's Oval, home of the North Cairns Tigers on McNamara St, will feature local burger makers, craft beers from around Australia, heaps of live music and DJ tunes, kid's activities and more.
Owner Bill O'Rourke said the Apex crew will be whipping up some fun takes on some Aussie classics at the event, set to take over Watson's Oval on Macnamara St next Saturday.
But while their menu will be fun, there's no question that an Apex Milk Bar burger is a serious burger, always focusing on the quality in - and between - the bun.
Bill has given us a sneak peak at the menu:
- Crumbed fish sambo: crumbed reef fish, chunky tartare, crisp lettuce, tomato sauce and thick freshly cut white bread. Served with salt & vinegar chips.
- Colonel Schnitty: Apex's crumbed chicken schnitzel burger with lemon, herb & panko crumbed chicken thigh, fresh tomato, creamy slaw on a toasted bun
- Burger with the lot: beef, bacon & cheese patty with beetroot & onion jam, crisp lettuce, tomato & pineapple relish, soft fried egg, tomato & BBQ sauce
- Side serve of hot potato chips
Bill also mentioned that Apex will be making some tweaks to their Hoare St store menu in the coming weeks, bringing back a lot of the original Apex Milk Bar burgers.
The Beer 'N' Burger Fest is going to be a cracking afternoon of handmade burgers, craft beers from around Australia, live music and whole green grassy oval of fun.
Beers and burgers you'll find at Beer 'N' Burger Fest...
- Mojo Street Food
- Gage Roads Brewing Co.
- Smokin' Hot Global Q
- Apex Milk Bar
- Barrier Reef Brewing Co.
- Harbourside Bar & Kitchen
- Hemingways Brewery
- Oaks Kitchen & Garden
- The Donut Shack
- Cricketer's Arms
- Nomad Brewing
- PLUS MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED
As a special offer for TropicNow readers, you'll get exclusive VIP parking right next to the venue as part of your ticket purchase for just $5, or a double pass for $8. This VIP parking offer is limited to 400 spaces, so get in quick.