Police have confirmed no charges will be laid over a report of an indecent act at Kewarra Beach on Monday.
A woman contacted police following the afternoon incident, which occurred as she took her dog for a walk.
She later issued a warning through the Kewarra Beach Residents facebook page.
“I realised I had been followed as a I sat in the sand a man crouched beside me and stared at me in a very intimidating way,” she said.
“So I went further up and two other men at the bbq area who were with him stood behind him as I sat near the water and exposed themselves (etc) so I just ran to my mum’s and called the police.”
Sergeant Cary Coolican told Tropic Now police immediately attended the scene.
“They have spoken to two men, aged 49 and 51, who were at the local barbeque area at Kewarra Beach, and a third man as well,” she said.
“But there’s technically no offence detected and it appears as though they’ve gone for a pee in public.
“The woman said that she did not wish to pursue any formal complaint and was happy with the police efforts in dealing with and identifying everybody involved.”
It’s the third such incident in Kewarra Beach in as many weeks.
Police also investigated reports of two attempted abductions on young women in late January and early February.
In each case, the men involved were identified and no charges were laid.
Sergeant Coolican said it’s understandable women are on alert following the October murder of Toyah Cordingley.
She’s urging people to continue reporting suspicious incidents to police but has encouraged caution when it comes to posting warnings on social media.
“We want you to report it directly to the police and if there is an issue of concern or a safety issue we will let you know,” she said.
"It appears that some social media comments not reported to police are causing unnecessary fear in the community, so please think before you post or forward information on.
“When this continues to happen, it’s hard to allay the community’s fears.”